Western Vista FCU will award a minimum of two $1,000 scholarships in 2018!
- Students age 17-24 who will be attending an accredited college, university or technical school in the fall of 2018
- Must be a member in good standing for six months or open a new student checking account prior to the scholarship application due date
- Submit completed application, transcript of most recent grades, copy of ACT scores and essay by 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, April 17, 2018
- Western Vista FCU
- Attn: Scholarship Committee
- PO Box 20105
- Cheyenne, WY 82003
- Essay – Write an essay addressing the question, “How can your credit union help you make wise financial choices and reach your financial goals?” Essays should be double spaced on 8.5” x 11 paper in 12 point font and approximately 750 words in length
Western Vista proudly serves both Casper and Cheyenne. As such, assuming there are qualified applicants apply from both communities, there will be one recipient from each location.
Scholarship applications shall be judged anonymously by a committee appointed by the Western Vista Board of Directors. Applicants will be evaluated on the following:
- Academics (20%)
- Written essay (20%)
- Extracurricular activities (20%)
- Honors/achievements (20%)
- Quality of application (10%)
- Financial need (10%)
Presentation of Awards:
Winners will be announced as soon after application deadline as possible. If the recipient will be graduating from high school later in the year, a credit union representative will present the scholarship at the appropriate high school awards presentation, if possible. All applicants will be notified of the final results of the judging.
Checks will be made payable to the college of choice upon receipt of proof of enrollment from the college.